Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Musing some more

You may have noticed I muse over music - a lot. I relate to music and art, it's part of being a highly-sensitive person. (There's a whole book: "The Highly Sensitive Person.")


 "Let It All Out" - Relient K

"You promise me that you believe in time I will defeat this, 'cause somewhere in me there is strength."


"Brave" - Sara Bareilles
(You get TWO versions of this video, because I see it so differently when I pay attention to the lyrics, and when I see the official video Sara made, especially when someone's "brave" dance encourages strangers to open up and join in.)

Sara Bareilles // Brave from The Wall Group on Vimeo.

"Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live. Maybe one of these days you can let the light in. Show me how big your brave is."

"Dark Side" - Kelly Clarkson

"Don't give up on me. Please remind me who I really am.
Nobody's a picture perfect, but we're worth it."



"Not Afraid" - Eminem
(Disclaimer/Warning: DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU CAN'T MENTALLY EDIT HIS WORDS)

"This black cloud still follows me around 
But it's time to exorcise these demons
And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons
I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now!

We'll walk this road together, through the storm."



No comments:

Post a Comment