Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What if We Share?

Found this beautiful post, "Before The Belly," through Glennon's Messy Beautiful Warrior Project. Read it and find a familiar story. Then she says something incredible::

"It makes me wonder: what if, instead of resisting our truth, we all told everyone we know? That we had a miscarriage, that it was devastating. That we’re struggling to get pregnant and wonder if we’ll ever be a mom. That we did fertility treatment to get our baby and we’re SO happy and proud. What if we took the silence out of struggle and loss? What if we took the shame and fear out of fertility treatment? Who could we help and what kind of community would it create?
"I envision an environment of self-acceptance and self-kindness. I see mothers being symbols of hope for not-yet mothers. I picture women caring for other women, long before the celebrations begin… and long after. Mostly I imagine that our honesty, transparency and openness would change the experience of waiting for motherhood for the better."


You all already know my own honest, transparent blog posts about these issues. But if you know someone who needs an introduction to this community, this environment, please feel free to share:

Infertility and miscarriage: http://wildtofu.blogspot.com/2013/05/to-my-friend-battling-infertility.html

Pregnancy difficulty: http://wildtofu.blogspot.com/2012/09/our-pregnancy-story-yes-i-know-its-late.html

Trying to conceive, again: http://wildtofu.blogspot.com/2013/12/hold-my-hand.html

Do you have something to share? Let me know! I'd love to create a conduit for this oh-so-important connection between women! Need somewhere to share? I'll give you guest space on my blog! (At over 10k views, you'd be sure to reach someone.)
 
Leave your thoughts and comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment