Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Teddy Bear Troubles




I was THAT lady at Goodwill yesterday: the one with the 2-year-old crying with an enormous volume, "Bear! Mommy! Bear!!" because I refused to buy her the huge stuffed bear for $7. I'm not sure if the looks I got were sympathetic or something else, I just know I got a LOT of them.
But I stuck to my guns, because she doesn't need the bear, even if it's only $7; there's a reason we were shopping at Goodwill.
I'm just going to tell myself that at least ONE of those people staring open-mouthed at me was thinking, "You go Mom!"


It happened again today, this time at Target, also over a stuffed bear we did not get. "Bear! Mommy! Mommy! Noooo! The bear!!" Huge crocodile tears and lots of drama. Sigh.
On the way out, I even heard one mother remark in a rather sour tone to her 6-o
r-so-years-old daughter about how fussy my baby was. Seriously?? If I didn't have my hands full carrying my screaming child and minimal purchases out of the store, I might have stopped and said, "Don't tell me YOU didn't go through this with HER a few years ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment