Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013





We chose a Star Wars theme this year (obviously). We decided we needed to dress Lana as Yoda at least once in her life. By next year she'll no doubt insist on dressing as a princess or something. I hear opinions come with the whole verbalization stage.

There's of course a story behind Yoda. Our first ultrasound picture of Lana was a tiny blob, but if squinted at just right, it looked like Yoda. So we nicknamed the baby Yoda until she was born.

The particularly impressive part of our costumes is that I sewed them. My first ever sewing project--I think it turned out pretty well.

I know last year I said we'd make pumpkins that didn't wilt, but as it turned out we had other complications that prevented it. I had some incredible pain in my side which landed me in the ER and on painkillers for a month before it was finally accurately diagnosed as a pelvic floor muscle spasm. We're not sure what caused it, why it lasted so long, or if it will come back; it's just another thing to add to my list of ailments.

We hope you all had a marvelous Halloween with lots of candy and trick-or-treating.

I'll say it again, "Next year.... next year we'll get this Halloween thing right!"



No comments:

Post a Comment