Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Monday, January 7, 2013

"Mom, I'm Fat"

 
"Mom, I'm Fat." One mother's inspired response to her 7-year old.

(Click on the pic below to read the article.)
 I love this post.
Then I have to ask myself, "Could I do that?" If my beautiful, perfect daughter questions her self-confidence, am I a positive role model for her? Can I look at myself and see a beautiful, perfect woman?
I don't think I can answer "yes" today, but I'm glad I read this now so I can work on it before my girl reaches this age.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment