Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Medicine is not for the Fair-Weather Mother


Colds at our house. The baby won't stop screaming, throwing temper tantrums, and hitting me and herself. Of course, this results in a worn-down mommy screaming more than normal (normal is never) and beating myself up inside.
Where are my reinforcements?
Oh yeah, he's at work, trying to earn money because we quite literally have none. And even uber-calm daddy is having breakdowns around this toddler lately.

Even movies and sugar are failing me this time. How is that even possible?

Confirmed ear infection. Spent our last pennies on the dr visit and antibiotics. Time to start antibiotic treatment, expensive probiotic supplements, and treating the yeast infection that will most likely follow because my highly sensitive child has highly sensitive skin.
The only hitch is I can't persuade her to TAKE the stupid antibiotics.
I am pulling my hair out and screaming (not an exaggeration).


  Sat on her. Made her choke it down. Mommy just broke out her bad side.
(I'm kind of loving that my "bad side" mommy looks like Mary Poppins.)

I also think I strained a pelvic muscle (the other side this time) doing it. Because, you know, what are my life's problems without a little extra, unnecessary pain to season them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment