Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Monday, February 11, 2013

A girl and her dog



Lana's chosen a comfort object: something she snuggles with in her crib and refuses to let you take away from her when she gets up. (She does put it down eventually).
Recognize it? You're right! It's a beagle: just like our dog Ajax!!
But the back story is even better. I spent the last month of my pregnancy, between the opharectomy and c-section delivery, in a hospital room. I was not allowed to leave the maternity wing. Which meant our dog, Ajax, was not with me, like he had always been since we got him 4 years earlier. So, my parents found this stuffed beagle for me to keep with me in his place. It is what I snuggled with in my hospital bed while Lana squirmed her way around inside my belly. Her bond to this toy started before she was even born!
Plus, she just loves Ajax himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment