Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pennies

Today upon returning to my car, I found pennies littering the asphalt, hidden among fallen leaves. Of course, I immediately stopped to pick them up, and penny after penny I felt richer. By the end, I excitedly presented them to a bored Lana exclaiming, "Lana, we have like 15 cents here! Do you know what we can get with that?"
She looked at me with that same, deadpan expression.
"You're right," I confessed, "not much at all." But I couldn't help a smile returning to my face as I slipped those 15 pennies into my wallet, feeling just a little bit richer.
Thank you to whomever dropped all those pennies. If it wasn't intentional, I'm sorry I didn't hunt you down to return them. But like Lana implied, 15 cents isn't much. But they made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment