Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Revival

I have been remiss in writing or posting lately. A long time lately. In fact, as I look back at my posts, I realize they are dated now years ago and came from times and situations in my life that are so different from where I am now. So I intend to pick up my writing again and update this blog to where I am now.

There is, however, one major reason I've had writer's block this past year, and it is something I still cannot write about. I'm speaking of our adoption journey. I cannot tell you how consuming this process has been, simply because I cannot find the words to describe it. I cannot find the words to express the emotions and feelings we are experiencing. And you know me - I have far too many words most of the time - so if I can't find words, just believe it is beyond expression.

What's more, this is a story that is far too tender and vulnerable and sacred to share. You might wonder how I can say that considering all the incredibly personal and raw stories I have posted in this blog. The reason is this: those vulnerable stories I've shared with you before are my own stories, about myself - they are mine to share because I own them. This adoption journey is different. I do not own exclusive rights to it. There is another person (or persons) involved - someone I have not yet met - whom I love so deeply and respect too greatly to pretend I can represent her. She is the mother who will eventually find us and choose us to raise her child. Whenever we meet and whatever passes between us is a shared story - not mine to tell alone.

So please understand that this journey to adoption is a huge part of our lives right now, and we want and need your support, but I will not be writing about it here.

Nevertheless, no matter how consumed I may feel by adoption, life has not come to a standstill. Life goes on in its beautiful and brutal ways. I have learned and grown so much over these past years, and it's high time I shared it.

So consider this my commitment to revive this blog and stay tuned for posts to come soon.


Leave your thoughts and comments please!