Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Scary!


I just got the SCARY drugs. Only a couple weeks before I must begin using them.

Week One's common side effects (not limited to): acne; dizziness; drowsiness; headaches; fluid retention; migraines; mild hair loss; nausea or vomiting; nervousness; sleeplessness; stomach cramps or bloating; weight gain or loss.

Week Two's common side effects (not limited to): back, leg, or arm pain; breast pain; constipation; cough; diarrhea; dizziness; headache; hot flashes; flushing; increased sweating; indigestion; loss of appetite; mild swelling or fluid retention; nausea; night sweats; sleeplessness; stomach pain; tiredness; vomiting; weakness; weight gain or loss.


Weeks Three and Four come with their own complications.


Oh yes... this is going to be FUN!


Dear Friends,
  If you are willing and able, will you help me find strength and courage through this? I can think of a couple simple, quiet ways that I would REALLY appreciate.
  Could you pray for me, by name, and pray for whatever may come? I think the more God hears about this the better.

  Could you add my name to the temple prayer roll? I am struggling with Post Traumatic Stress symptoms from my last pregnancy, still, manifesting in physical, mental, and emotional ways; I need healing, and this is one way to ask God to get involved in healing me.
  Could you fast for me sometimes? Fast Sundays, especially when you can't think of a specific thing (I know we all do that sometimes), think of me, and just ask God to use your faith to bolster my faith and strength and courage.
  You don't have to do all these things or all the time. But they are ways you can help without ever having to come clean my house or take my toddler out for a play date or send gift cards for date nights or groceries (though if you want to do those things I won't turn you down). If you live far away, these things will shrink the distance to zero, because God can do that, I think.
  I need your aid, friends. I truly do. I appreciate every single act you do for me. And if you like, tell me about it, and I will write a "Thank you," so you know just how much it means to me.
Lots of Love,
Hannah & Family

P.S. Obviously these pictures are not of me. My stomach does NOT look anything like that - not after Lana! And that lady's "stressed" expression really just looks excited. But I am a little excited, too, so I guess I can live with the expression. It's not my face, though, so don't get confused. :)


Leave your thoughts and comments please!