Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Friday, May 16, 2014

I Know The Lord Provides A Way

 On Sunday, Anthony and I subbed for a primary class where we taught about Nephi and his brothers retrieving the brass plates. The class enthusiastically sang "Nephi's Courage" with us, which was so inspiring to me: "The Lord commanded Nephi to go and get the plates from the wicked Laban inside the city gates. Laman and Lemuel were both afraid to try. Nephi was courageous, this was his reply: "I will go, I will do the thing the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way, He wants me to obey."

   The song is based on the scripture 1 Nephi 3:7 (found in the Book of Mormon, ask me if you want a copy of the book to read!), which says, "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

   This was precisely the lesson I needed. Those kids could not possibly have needed to hear that lesson as much as I did. As you know, we are courageously taking steps to obey God's prompting to have a second child - at risk of, well, everything. It's terrifying. And I need courage!


   Last night, feeling sick to my stomach and scared (nausea makes me panic after my last pregnancy) and unable to sleep, I was crying out to God for help. God and I talk rather bluntly with each other - it's how we do. This issue, and this lesson which was no coincidence, and this verse, were heavy on my mind. And I told God, "You said - YOU SAID!! - You would provide a way. Well, start providing!"





   And then this morning, at the moment I began having a breakdown because I just couldn't handle the pressure and stress and sleeplessness anymore - at that very moment - my brand new (as of this weekend) visiting teacher felt God tell her, "Get yourself dressed and get over to Hannah's this morning." And she did. In minutes. And she brought her child to play with Lana, and she did my dishes and washed my counters and vacuumed my floor and sent me to my room to rest. If that wasn't a very direct answer to my plea, I've never had an answer to anything.

   Here's the kicker, my visiting teacher, my angel today, Janet, was the very same woman assigned to visit teach me at the beginning of my last pregnancy with Lana. So she KNOWS. She was with me the whole way last time. And I couldn't ask for anyone sweeter or kinder or more loving to hold my hand again this time.

   God answers prayers. He does. Tears of so much gratitude and joy; I can't even tell you. God DOES provide.
Genesis 22:14

"Each life that touches ours for good reflects thine own great mercy, Lord. Thou sendest blessings from above through words and deeds of those who love." - LDS Hymn #293

Leave your thoughts and comments please!