Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Daring Greatly

I absolutely LOVE Brené Brown's work. It resonates with me so completely. I loved this talk of hers, especially because I consider myself to be a creator. I write, I blog, I "show up and am seen." I dare to be honest and bold in my writing and opinions; I show my true, messy, beautiful self. And, as she says, there is only one guarantee when you do that: "You will get your ass kicked." And yes, that's happened once or twice to me already. It will happen again. But the beautiful thing is, as she says, it is NOT the critics that count!!
I do what I do for me. I blog because it is therapeutic for me - more therapeutic than going to professional therapy. I also blog for others: to show the world and especially people who find themselves fighting the same kinds of battles I fight or have fought that they are not alone

I don't write for the critics. As she says, "If you're not in the arena, also getting your ass kicked, I'm not interested in your feedback." I know you're there; I know who you are; I hear what you're saying; and I'm going to do this anyway.
I write for those who are in the arena with me, daring greatly.



"It's not the critic who counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done it better. The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with blood and sweat and dust, and who, at the best, in the end knows the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, he fails daring greatly."  -Theodore Roosevelt
=

P.S. Read Her book "Daring Greatly" for more inspiration and revelation. This woman is amazing, her writing is conversational, and I guarantee you cannot read her book without learning something critical for your own personal life.

Leave your thoughts and comments please!