Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ten years since high school graduation


My ten-year high school reunion is coming up. Sorry, but there's no way I'm paying $90 to go to a bar for it. So here's my reminiscing of 10 years ago.

Senior Portrait

Proof that I graduated

I don't know that I'd call these the "best" songs of 2003, but it is a good representation of what was popular.


Some of my favorite movies from 2003:





I wrote poetry. No, I won't share it. It was never very good.

Okay, technically this came out during freshman year of college, but it was still ten years ago.
My first class at BYU. I started college exactly one week after I graduated high school. This was the book that made me fall in love with Classics.
I wouldn't know how this would affect me until several years later.
Yeah, this happened at college. too. Ironically, almost exactly to the date of the mission release pictured next to it.






THESE are people I wouldn't mind seeing at a high school reunion. Somehow I doubt most of them will make it, either.


So... Happy 10-year Reunion, I guess.