Words to Live and Write by

I am willing to fall Because I have learned how to rise.

I craft Love from heartbreak, Compassion from shame, Grace from disappointment, Courage from failure.

I am among the brave and brokenhearted, and I am rising strong.

(credit to Brene Brown)

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Eliminate plastic bags?

Dear Mr. Campaigner who knocks on my door at 7 pm, looking distinctly "Portlanderish" (Oregonians know what I mean by that):

Yes, I agree pollution is terrible. No, I will not join your campaign to eliminate plastic bags. I have a baby on my hip and am balancing on one foot so I can restrain my dog with the other. Guess what? They poop. A lot. Both of them. And in public places, too. I NEED plastic bags. Why, you ask? To pick up POOP! I'm a poor, tired, (did I mention poor) housewife who refuses to give up her right to free plastic bags from the grocery store. Please stop explaining your campaign to me. Best of luck with the tree-hugging neighbors; I'm sure they'll help.


Sincerely,
Please Go Away